Zaragoza, 27 July 2015
The Chair of Development Cooperation (Cátedra de Cooperación para el Desarrollo) of the University of Zaragoza and the Spanish Network of Development Studies (Red Española de Estudios del Desarrollo, REEDES), invite you to the 3rd International Congress of Development Studies (3rd ICDS). The theme is: What kind of development do we want? The post-2015 agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals. The Congress will be held in the School of Engineering and Architecture of the University of Zaragoza (Spain) between the 29th of June and the 1st of July 2016.
This academic international meeting will address the current debate on the international development agenda beyond 2015 and the Sustainable Development Goals. It may be of interest for researchers, teachers, students and social agents related to development studies.
3rd ICDS objectives:
- 1. Analyze the future of the post-2015 development agenda, the end of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), and the onset of the Sustainable Development Goals (ODS).
- Reflect upon the different models of global development, within a multidisciplinary perspective.
- Bring together academics —both national and international— representing multidisciplinary approaches to development studies, including postgraduate students and civil society actors.
Structure of the Congress:
The 3rd ICDS is structured around three plenary sessions and 14 themes, in addition to the inaugural session. The papers accepted in the Congress will be arranged according to these themes. Each theme has a coordinator who will organize the process of receiving, evaluating and distributing the papers in the different thematic groups. In the plenary sessions, top-level speakers will present their views on themes related to the future of global development. All attendees can participate and contribute during the subsequent panel discussion, in which the coordinators of the different thematic areas will share the main results of all communications received. The sessions and themes will be as follows:
- Cooperation for Human Development
- From Academia to the street
- Development and inequality
- Development and sustainability
- Policy coherence for development. Geostrategies and social change
- Development cooperation
- Development cooperation and international relations
- Human Development
- Development, territory and natural resources
- Sustainable Development. Technologies for human development
- Political Economy of Development
- Development education
- Ethno-development, post-development and “good living”
- Financing for development
- Governance, security, peace and development
- Migration and development
- Civil society, communication and development
- Evaluation, knowledge management and accountability
- Gender and development
How to participate:
Send an abstract of 300 words in Spanish or English to email@example.com before December 15, 2015. Find the required formats in the website: http://congresoreedesiii.unizar.es/envio-de-resumenes-comunicaciones-y-posters/submission-of-abstracts-papers-and-posters/
Abstracts will be evaluated by the coordinators of the thematic lines and by members of the Scientific Committee. The best submissions will be proposed for possible publication in the Iberoamerican Journal of Development Studies. In these cases, the Journal will be in direct communication with the authors.
As part of the Congress, the winner of the REEDES Award for Young Researchers will be chosen among the presented papers. The rules of this contest are also available on the website of the Congress: http://congresoreedesiii.unizar.es/premio-reedes-para-jovenes-investigadorases/young-researchers-reedes-award/
December 15, 2015: Deadline for abstract submission
January 10, 2016: Notification of acceptance of abstracts
April 10, 2016: Deadline for receive full papers and posters
May 13, 2016: Deadline for announcement of accepted papers and posters
May 30, 2016: Deadline for registration with reduced fees
29, 30 June and 1 July 1, 2016: Dates of the congress
More information on the conference, logistics, transport and accommodation can be found on the website congresoreedesiii.unizar.es/ Please address any enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us by phone (+34 876 55 40 92).
Co-chairs of the Organizing Committee
|Beatriz Rodríguez Soria||José Ramón Moreno Fernández||José Ricardo Álvarez Domínguez|
Download document here: Call for papers