The Spanish Network of Development Studies (SNDS) announces the SNDS 3th Award for Young Researchers, in order to promote and disseminate research in Development Studies. The SNDS Award is governed by the following rules:
1. There will be a prize and a secondary award, that will be chosen from the papers presented at the 3th International Congress of Development Studies (University of Zaragoza, June 29 to July 1, 2016).
2. The prize sum is 700€ and the secondary award sum is 300€. Both of them will be recognized with a diploma issued by SNDS and they will be published in the Iberoamerican Journal of Development Studies (IJDS), with reference to the Award.
3. The deadline for applying to the Award will be the same set for the submission of communications of the 3th International Congress of Development Studies. The author or authors will express their desire to participate in the call, including in the first page of their paper “candidate for SNDS Award for Young Researchers”.
4. The works and authors who qualify for the Award must meet the following requirements:
a. Send the work in the same conditions as those determined for communications in the 3th International Congress of Development Studies.
b. Positive evaluation of the 3th International Congress of Development Studies Scientific Committee.
c. Author/authors registration in the 3th International Congress of Development Studies.
d. Submit the communication in the corresponding session of the 3th International Congress of Development Studies.
e. Be less than 35 years old in June 29, 2016 (if a communication has several authors, all of them must meet this requirement).
f. Be member of SNDS in June 29, 2016 (if a communication has several authors, all of them must meet this requirement). Individual members´ communications will be accepted, as well as members of SNDS institutional partners´ communications.
g. The authors’ members of SNDS institutional partners will have to prove this status. They must send a mail to SNDS (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a letter from the Director/person in charge, where he/she confirms that the person who qualifies for the Award is part of the institution. The deadline for sending the letter will be the same set for the submission of communication that qualifies for the Award.
5. The winning works will be subjected to a double evaluation:
a. The first evaluation will be made by the coordinators of the thematic areas of the 3th International Congress of Development Studies, that will evaluate the communications (up 10 points) that meet the requirements established in the fourth clause.
b. From each thematic area, the communication with the better evaluation will be chosen for a second evaluation. This second evaluation will be done by a five-member jury: the President of SNDS (as jury president), the Secretary of SNDS (as secretary of the jury), one of the co-directors of the Iberoamerican Journal of Development Studies and two other members of the 3th International Congress of Development Studies Scientific Committee.
6. The Award will can be declare void, if the jury considers that the works submitted not meet the required merits. The jury will also can split the prize or the secondary award, with an ex aequo reference. In this case, the prize will be divided.
7. The jury’s decision is unappelable.
8. The prize will be paid by bank transfer.
9. The winning works will yield, exclusively, their publishing rights for the Iberoamerican Journal of Development Studies.
10. Participation in this call implies the acceptance of all its bases.
Download document here: SNDS 3th Award for Young Researchers